URBZ Capital (URBZ) is a young real estate investment boutique focused on asset management, acquisitions and development management within the urban industrial (last mile) real estate sector with an intense focus on creating societally and environmentally accretive assets. Supported by a number of blue-chip (institutional) capital partners, URBZ has accomplished a strong growth of its portfolio over the last two years across the Netherlands, Germany and Sweden.
Today, URBZ manages approximately 25 properties in the Netherlands, Germany and Sweden and is well capitalized to monetize the opportunities that are ahead of us. Therefore, to further facilitate and accelerate this growth, we are expanding our team and looking for no-nonsense and commercial talent who want to be part of this exciting journey!
About the role
As Asset Manager you will be an important member of the team and you will help drive the (international) growth of the business and broaden your working experience while ensuring the management of the properties, relationship with the tenants, execution of the transformation & capex programs, budgeting and reporting is done in an accurate, transparent, qualitative, and timely manner.
As we are an ambitious and growing business, we are looking for an eager professional thriving in a small, ambitious and entrepreneurial team. You will be a key person managing the fast growing portfolio, working with various colleagues and stakeholders on a variety of projects in the Netherlands and across other geographies in Northern Europe such as Germany and Sweden.
Joining us at this stage of our growth, you will have an exceptional opportunity to further build and professionalize our asset management business.
What will you be doing?
The Asset Manager is operating in various aspects of the organization, amongst others:
- Asset management
In this role you will be an important link between URBZ, its international investors and the asset management company, whereby you will have very regular interaction with the property manager to safeguard a proper maintenance of the portfolio. You will have regular contact with the tenants to identify opportunities with the main goal to monitor, improve and ultimately maximize the performance of the assets from a commercial and technical point of view.
- Manage and oversee ‘value add’ moments in portfolio
CAPEX is a crucial element in the overall strategy of URBZ to create modern and sustainable last mile facilities. In every single transaction there will be an element of CAPEX through either small improvement or a significant repositioning of the building. In this role you will be responsible for managing these value add opportunities from a commercial and technical point of view. You will be working closely with the investment team and project manager to initiate, review and execute on the relevant CAPEX programs.
- Acquisitions / Growth of the organization
Furthermore, you are involved in further growing the business by supporting the investment team with new acquisitions. In this capacity you will also have the opportunity to further professionalize the project and asset management processes in general.
Areas of responsibilities
- Implement and execute a sustainable asset management strategy for existing and future assets driven by effective asset management.
- Identify the best way to optimize each asset, creating diversified plans, and look for and exploit opportunities to add value in our portfolio and asset management performance.
- Oversee and manage the ‘value add’ moments in line with the business plan from a commercial and technical point of view (in conjunction with our technical director and investment team).
- Collaborate with the construction and project management teams to ensure that major capex items and (re)development are executed on-time and on-budget.
- Executing activities that are related to asset and property management, such as monitoring the outsourced property management activities.
- Challenge and put forward a recommendation for the annual budgets (lease, capex and OPEX assumptions) for each asset as part of the overall business plan for the region, including refurbishments, extensions and redevelopment. Integrate remodelling, redevelopments, and extensions into the business plan.
- Manage and oversee the leasing activities in line with budget and work with brokers to achieve optimal results.
- Participate in the review process of (quarterly) external valuations.
- Build, cultivate and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders such as customers, brokers, owners, authorities, architects, general contractors etc.
- Track and assess the risk criteria for each asset, spot red flags and inform the management team of any warning signals that could indicate risk, including health & safety, insurances, payment behaviour/ insolvency, technical maintenance, liquidity, releasing risk.
- Carry out financial analysis and assist with preparing property budgets and quarterly reports.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor or Master degree in the field of real estate, investment, business administration/economics, engineering or similar
- Relevant experience in real estate management, international experience in Germany and Sweden is a pre
- Combination of commercial skills and (high-level) technical understanding of property life cycles and ability to manage / monitor process
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and Basic understanding of German language and willingness to further improve
- Flexible, proactive / self-starter, entrepreneurial, and can-do attitude
URBZ Capital Strategy
The world is changing rapidly and we’ve reached an inflection point of global trends shaping the future. This is also impacting the industrial real estate sector. Our customers are specifically looking for solutions for the new (last mile) supply chain, which is surprisingly still an undefined and untapped segment. It must (and can) be done in a greener, smarter, and better way. We aim to facilitate this increasing demand and work together with the stakeholders to define and create the most efficient and sustainable real estate solution.
Through commitment to the net zero carbon neutrality challenge, we provide urban real estate that supports the new, CO2 neutral supply chain. We do things differently and all based upon our very own foundational pillars.
Working at URBZ
You will join our journey to create shared value, serving tomorrow’s environment and society, utilizing constant innovation. Together with our open, down to earth and ambitious team, you can make a direct impact on how the last mile logistics real estate space operates. We believe in empowering our people to try, challenge, act and take risks. At URBZ we’re on a mission, are you ready to join us?